Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Famine + pressure + frustration = sighs

I just had a very good day start. It was raining and it felt really good because it so cool. Enjoyed it much more with a cup of coffee while talking with Nanay.

Before going to work she told me three things:

1. Withdraw enough amount from the ATM;
2. Buy rice for lunch and supper;
3. Buy load for your phone.

The last words sounded really good since it was been several days that I haven't loaded my phone and I badly needed it for coordinating with the facilitators of our training on basic research this coming Saturday.

But:

1. The line was getting longer at the bank and since we only have one teller machine here in our place, I have nothing to do but to practice my patience and line up after the last homo sapien.

2. Worse. When it was my turn? The state of the art teller machine ran out of cash and I have nothing to buy everything for lunch and myself. My pocket's empty! The only amount I have at home is my collection of 10 and 5 centavos I keep in a plastic piggy bank! Impoverished Quincy is!

But not to destroy may patience pedestel coupled with initiative (h
a3 umeepal na naman o.), I turned down my introvertish countenance and borrowed money from my uncle's cell phone shop and told him that i'll just refund it after the teller loads up.

So there, we got food for lunch and loaded up my phone. - sigh-

^^^

I am just a newbie of Y-konek. An organization I joined which advocates for Adolescent Reproductive Health in the Visayas.

However, when we were coordinating for a training that will be on July 21, '07 - that's this Saturday on basic research as preparation for a research project on HIV/STD cas
es in flagship high schools in Bacolod and Iloilo cities. The representative from the Sociology and Anthropology Research Group of University of San Carlos, Cebu, made me his partner for the project and told me to set partnership with the Iloilo group. Besides, he told me to go to Iloilo on July 20 to meet him up at the airport to help him mobilize the group there.

It gave me a jaw drop and sent me the creeps. My hands were shaking while reading his e-mail considering the fact that I am not that experienced yet in this events.

But I can't refuse. It would be so stupid of me then, if I declined from an opportunity that, I knew, would develop my personality and skills.

Oh yah, I remember. Maybe its time to experience it.

My problem right now is, the officers I requested to follow up the venue for the research, the venue for the training and the pension house where we will stay weren't able to reply in my messages. I already used all means to get in touch - phone calls, SMS, e-mail - but there were no w
ord.

The last resort is, I'm going to do everything myself though its so tough for my prowess to cope.

This will be a test for me and I hope I'll get through. -sigh-

^^^

I have not seen Transformers yet and I think I won't have a chance to.


Though I can still watch it in home videos, the big screen Transformer experience is far different.

My friend gave me 2 free movie passes and supposedly, I'll use this for that big hit. But mulling over my schedules, screw! I can't make it.

Well anyway, the movie passes will expire December 31 this year. Maybe other movies deserve these tickets.

I'll just force myself not cry over spilled milk now. -sigh-

But I love this video. Check it out.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww ..
we have the same agony!
famine talaga!!

ayun naman, good luck sa pag ATM na lang po sir quincy! hahahaha!

ice said...

nku!
oo nga eh..
anyways, di naman ganun kaganda transformers.

i got dissapointed kse mataas level ng expectation ko.

harry potter na latest, na ayaw ko mas maganda pa, at ung rattatoulle.

but i recommend watching die hard 4 and pirates at world's end.
di ka magsisisi.
(yeah napanod ko lahat yan. hehe)

KC said...

i sooo can relate. 2 months na akong bum so i have no dough. alikabok ang laman ng bulsa ko..

ay sana lumabas na yung board results ng nagkaka-alaman na..