Monday, July 16, 2007

Date-raped!

Sleeping 1am in the morning yesterday because of a YM talk with a friend and then waking up early for church gave me a headache and a dose of drowsiness. But the thought of having a new found friend and knowing her deeper, somehow gave me a lift but at the same time, troubled me.

Why? Our conversation reached to her tormenting experiences in the past and establishing her trust on me about confidential matters, she shared it.


My friend was date-raped.


Reading her messages shook my nerves and dimmed my eyes with tears of grief. Being part of an adolescent reproductive health advocacy for almost a year now, I felt a deep anger and resentment to the one who did it to her and generally, to all the paranoidic, irresponsible, foolish men who dates women with a single objective - SEX or worse, RAPE.

Apparently, these cases are very common nowadays. You watch them on televised news reports, you read them on mainstream press and even in alternative press publications, you listen about these on radios and even hear it from people
talking along the streets.

The respect, concern, love and sacrifice the women deserve from men is deteriorating hastily. I would greatly appreciate it if we would mark stigma to the men who do this. Or curse them and screw them into damnation. Wait, maybe we can use voodoo and stab the heart quickly, aye?

Questions unrelentingly bungle my mind while these situations are getting worse and worse as time passes by. How I hope capital punishment wasn't abolished! It's God's way and He was objective about that and that command was not unstructured! God is a structured Writer and He means what He wrote and He wrote what He means.

If God was a subjective, inaccurate God, He would have written the 10 Suggestions instead of the 10 Commandments!

The world must have become a better safer place for men and women if that Command was firmly implemented and wasn't obscured at all!

Think about that now. The evil event that happened to my friend damaged her - not just physically but also emotionally. It might also often disturb her mentally and psychology as she come to remember those things. Well I believe it's not easy to forget about that certain incident.

Men, wake up! Are you not dismayed?

10 comments:

arnie said...

scary..:O
a week ago, there was a gang rape victim here in my home town.
ladies should always be very careful at these times. it can happen anytime..anywhere. that's why i warned my sis and friends. :)

Anonymous said...

shit!!
to hell to the guy!!
damn him!!

Anonymous said...

hindi ko talaga maintindihan kung bakit ginagawa yun ng ibang guys.

ice said...

tormenting.
parang ginawang F-ing doll yung girl.

peace.

Anonymous said...

ahhHhhH that was frightening....tsk tsk tsk!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope everything turns out OK and the guy pays dearly!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's past. I'm the victim of date rape and those feelings never go away. You always remember. I hope your friend finds healing in her life. I will pray she finds the closure she needs.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking this is a more personal posts and probably shouldn't be posted for the sake of the victim. Maybe unless the victim granted permission or wrote it themselves. This can kill the trust and rapport that you built with this person...

quincyjohn said...

on blog money:
It's with permission.
Actually, when I was writing that post, she was with me.
Nothing to worry.

KC said...

syet! i hope that the girl's ok already. grabe ang emotional trauma that the incident may cause.

naku dapat pag nahuli yung guy na yun, putulan na! para di makaulit...