Thursday, August 9, 2007

See you in the morning Lola

-whew-

Finally! I'm done with the do-this-survey-or-i'll-damn-you thing during the past week. It has been a "calvary" and a "pressure cooker" activity that I got to exhaust every minute and every second when I was there in the field.

I mean, it wasn't my project coordinator who was pressuring me or the whole research team but it was just the thought that I don't want to compromise my accepted activity and my accepted tasks and responsibilities.

By the way, how's everyone? I really want to thank you for visiting me by and by. The sparing of your time to click on my blog is really lifting my spirit. I didn't imagine my blog to deserve visits and comments like what I've received even though I wasn't here for several days. So, thank you thank you and thank you to those who visited, commented, left a word, gave updates on their blogs, gave suggestions, left farts and flooded my shoutbox. ;) j/k

Friday, August 3, 2007

Upon arriving home with great hopes that I can give my grandmother (the one I'm nursing at home) a good smile because I'm carrying her requested 'biscocho' from the Iloilo's Biscocho House, I was stunned with this site in our sala.

My grandmother died early morning that Friday and pandemonium sulked in my heart.

I've been praying to God to extend my grandma's life so I can still have the opportunity to bring back what she has sacrificed for us since the time we (my siblings and I) were born. Her sacrifices on taking good care of our baby lives years back, the sacrifice of waking up early each morning to cook our breakfast when we were schooling, her sacrifices when we were sick, her sacrifices when we wanted some snacks, her sacrifices to give us joy, compassion and love.

I will miss every moment I spent with lola. I will miss her smile, her laughs, her talks about her experiences, her talks about her travels and jaunts when she was young, I will miss the times when she was stealing some time to clean up my scalp with ticks and louses.

Anyway, I believe she has already the greatest joy up there in heaven with the Lord cooking for her friends and family with her golden cooking utensils and titanium wares. Serving food with her diamond plates and cups. Offering her delicious menus with sincerity, thoughtfulness and love.

I will miss you lola. I love you so much. See you in the morning.

19 comments:

Nicely said...

i still miss my lola after she died two years ago. hayyy... grandmothers are really sweet! i hope that you'll be able to surpass this shortcoming. life is indeed short, so let's make our loved ones feel that they are important. my condolences to your family, quincy.

Anonymous said...

my condolences quincy...hope ur ok.

Aethen said...

Life is like that, quincy! I am sure you'll keep her in your heart- do it for her memories will be more sweeter and treaured.

My condolences, pare quincy and to your family.

ice said...

oh my?
i'm sorry..
i hope you're able to cope up..

quincyjohn said...

on nice: you do? you are really nice, nice. he2

oh yeah! they really are.

thanks nice.

on cory: thanks a lot cory. i'm doing fine except for the stress of preparing for the burial on saturday.

on aethen: always pare. I'll always will for sure.

thanks a lot and congrats for owning a domain now. he2

on gracy: don't yah ever change your blog ok?

thanks btw. :)

thanks for the comments everyone..can't seem to blog often now coz of the getting busier sked. especially this time that we have an event here.

Arianne The Bookworm said...

my condolences, quincy...

Anonymous said...

awts ..
hope you'll get through that quick sir quincy ..

my condolences are with you ..
be ok ..

ice said...

okay.
missed you much.
=D

quincyjohn said...

on claire and chief: thanks guys. i got through it already.

on chei: likewise chei. talk to in ym ha.

FNF said...

My deepest sympathies, quincy. I'll pray for your lola.

Orlando Rubio said...

Hello,
My condolences to you sir. Actually I like your alias here. Quincy Jones is one of my favorite singers. His wife is natasia kingki( sorry for the wrong spelling).
Anyway life is so sort. It reminds me of my mother who passed away while I am here in Saudi Arabia. It is very sad when your are helpless and far.
dont worry make money
health and wealth

quincyjohn said...

Frances, thank you so much. You flattered me when you started commenting on my posts. Thanks a bunch.

Edward, thanks a lot!
I mean for the condolences and for the compliment.

KC said...

hey quincy. again my condolences to you. but you have a very positive outlook of this event. i'm sure your lola looks happily at you now.

keep her proud. my prayers goes with you.

quincyjohn said...

Yah KC. I really have a positive outlook on death.

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

my condolences.

(Gawd, i hate seeing coffins. gives me the creeps.)

quincyjohn said...

ha3 sorry yoshee.

I'll delete that for you.

Anonymous said...

hala. b'it mo dinelete? may choice naman ako na wag tingnan.

er... thanks na lang. hehe. nahiya tuloy ako. :(

quincyjohn said...

ha3 its ok. I hate looking at it na rin.

my pleasure yoshke..