Thursday, August 23, 2007

The battle in 3 days.

The Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) is coming up fast and I can already feel the pressure - the squeezing I once experienced when I was yet filing for the Board. I never had felt of needing much prayers from my friends than now. Every time I'm OL, I'm in the community and in the church, I can't stop my self from asking for prayers from friends and my church family and from anyone across the globe.

Gratefully, I was talking a while with my cousin from Laguna and she told that their church prayed for me. My teachers from our school also told that they'll do the same. Also my own church family and our sending churches. Not to forget, my blogging friends also left a word here that they'll also include me in their prayers.

These really gave me a lift so I really really thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Indeed, we need others in this world full of shadows of grief, anxiety and pressure. "No man is an island" as we often reiterate it.

I came across a statement from Morrie from a the book "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. He said that in the beginning of life, when we were infants, we need others to survive and at the end of life, when we are already near death, we need others to survive." But there's one secret he was using and maybe it was the reason why his life has been so inspiring for many people in the world right now. In between birth and death, he always 'needed' others. He invested in human family. He invested in people. He built his own community filled with the people he loves and who love him as well.

And with this upcoming exam? I tie up (or fortify the ties) with the people around me for my sources of encouragement, hope, courage and strength.

I hope and pray that everything will just go smoothly on Sunday. This will be a test of faith.

The battle is the Lord's!

9 comments:

ice said...

investing in people..
hmm..
how could i put this..
T_T

nah.
bout the exam..
just put your mind into it..

Nicely said...

i'll include you in my prayers for those who'll take the LET, quincy. Good luck on Sunday! Kaya mo yan, basta presence of mind lang. Wag ka maxado mapressure. Isipin mo na lang "HAM" yan! Hehehe!

Ako, baka naext year pa mag-LET. May isang subject pa akong kailangan ienrol. Again, God bless sa exams!

Anonymous said...

everyone experiences times like this... Do your best and GOD will help you fulfill whatever you want to pursue...Trust yourself and believe in your abilities...You can do it! gOOdLuck saU...

quincyjohn said...

Gracy, tell me what's bothering in your mind about the "investing in people" phrase ok?

But let me make it clear. It doesn't mean to invest to "anyone". It means invest to people of love, compassion and hope. Those who can lift your spirit, those who can be there whenever you need them, those who can pull you up from the dumps, those who can boost your life.

Nice, thank you so much. Ok, I will.

Oh, nag take ka rin pala ng education. Good to know that.

Thank you also hayasaki. Where's your blog URL?

Guys, thanks a lot for the encouragement.

Shaula said...

Hey goodluck! Got some relatives to that will take the exam.

I'll pray for u. May the force be with u :)

ice said...

nah..
i was thinking..

i'm anti-social kasi.

that's why i'm always here in the second life..

second life. ^^

quincyjohn said...

Shaula thanks for including me in your prayers.

Gracy, i hope someday somehow, that outlook would change.

We are social beings in you can remember.

But if you will continue opinionating that fact, I have nothing to do with you.

But to remind you. Why do you converse with me here if your anti-social considering that the blogosphere is a society?

ice said...

kaya nga second life.

not in the real world.
online life.

quincyjohn said...

Ah, that's what you meant with the second life pala.

Ok, fine.

You'll still realize the value of real life society as time pass by, anyway.