Monday, August 27, 2007

LET day: there's nothing wrong with failing

The Board Examination is done and finally, I'm out of the pressure.

It was tough, honestly. Especially, I wasn't able to review formally and seriously. I only read few notes the night before doom's day. I used my remaining cell phone load balance to ask for prayers once again from my relatives and from church family.

I was really desperate for their intercession that night because I was a bit losing hope and my heart's pounding fast with the pressure.

But thankfully, God provided me with a loving community who encouraged me to climb the mountain and surpass the shadow of fear.

Hear are few of the text messages I received:

"Whatever mountain stands in your path, whatever obstacle blocks your way, whatever difficulty immobilizes you, the prayer of faith can remove it! Praying for you. God bless!"
- cindy

"I'm praying for you, ta."
-tita ging

"Ok manong. I'll pray for you gid."
-sarah joy

"Kung ari ka lang di, himuan ta gid ka banner!"
(I'll make you a banner if you're here!)
-cindy


These are only few of the messages.

It made me cry inside my room realizing how I am blessed with these people. I thought, If my insufficiency in reviewing my lessons can't pass this exam, their ways of uplifting my heart and for their inspiration can. Well, apart from those who prayed for me in the blogosphere.

Through this, I fortified my strong belief in investing my life in people who are God-fearing and promising.

Thank you so much.

LET day. I am an hour travel from my examination venue so I rode a PUB at 4:30 in the morning. The bus was having very few passengers but then decided to depart knowing about the exam.

Later on the trip, 2 of my batch rode the bus and there the chattering started. Until few moments passed and our bus was loaded with examinees from different places and many of them are my classmates. "Hi's", laughs and smiles filled the ride until we arrived at the venue.

It was cool that we had good laughs before taking the mind-stirring 6-hour examination.

Thanks to the jesters!

On set. I can't remember anything on the process of the testing except for those entries that confused me a lot. Especially when it comes to philosophies and the philosophers. Besides that, I really had difficulty over those test items that I haven't encountered when I was yet schooling.

Funny "ini mini may ni mo" was popular that day except for situational questions which needed practical discernment.

Finally. Headache was the aftermath. I felt the back part of my brain was screwed up that when I got home, I immediately dozed off. -whew-

Acceptance. I am expecting the unexpected regarding the results of the examination. I mean failing. I know now that it will be easy for me to look at results on the mainstream press even though my name may not be there.

After all, there's nothing wrong with failing. Anyway, the board exam is still there scheduled every year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

isama mo na ako sa mga taong maghahandog ng prayer for your success, quincy.....

triZzZ said...

I'm so glad to hear you survived the test! I am looking forward to your "I made it" post. hehe

My exam went ok, but I hate the after-effect of it-headache.

Maria said...

glad ur exmas are finally over.

thanks for your comment on my previous post. you know, your advice lightened my mind. i did surrender ALL my worries to Him. and that night, unexpectedly the results were out. and i passed the exam.

quincy, i am praying for your success too. you can do it! god bless

quincyjohn said...

oh my God!

thank you so much guys. i feel really blessed with bloggers like you.

kuya reigh, tnx tnx talaga.

triz, yah, im so grateful that I survived. I hope I can really write about "I made it!". thanks so much.

icks: yes, salamat sa Diyos.

your welcome and thanks to you for praying din for my success. my God bless you too icks.

congrats again!

Anonymous said...

ey when is the result of the exams? I hope you pass . ^_^

quincyjohn said...

it will be on October allen.

thanks for being good hopes.

I really hope I can pass.

FNF said...

Yeesh, I haven't taken my LET yet! I don't think I'll need it -- ang tigas kasi ng ulo ko. But if the bosses ask me to, I don't mind taking it.

Anyway, in light of board and BAR exams, my spiritual director always tells me to tell my friends: "prepare for the worst and hope for the best!"

Good luck!