Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Mentor's nth Note

June 22, 2007

Quincy,

You may now get your Civil Service eligibility papers in the CSC Office, Bacolod City. I passed by the said office today and they said, you may get it now.
All things seem to work well to your advantage if it is God's will.
Good luck!
Ma'am LD

Thank God, i am already a professional civil service eligible! Yeah!

I got this note when i arrived home yesterday from my Alma Mater. It's written on a piece of white thin notepad (as it has always been) and with a very familiar penmaship. It was from my mentor who has been there helping me out through the tough times most especially when i was still in college.

Well, she's a retired Chief Parole and Probation Officer III at the RTC Branch 63 and since she's "retired but not yet tired," she applied at the city college as Guidance Coordinator for the meantime. Duirng her term (where i started receiving notes written in notepads from her), goodness, everything went smooth for the counselors and the peer facilitators. She was so organized, everything had a structure, first-things-first-or-i'll-kick-your-ass pattern.
Surely, i learned vast priceless lessons from her.

Now, that i am a graduate
(with a Prof CSE credential) and searching for a fair job while reviewing for the teachers' board exam on the 26th of August this year, she is still there helping me out and my family is overwhelmed about that.

Just this June she heard that there is a vacancy at the MTC in our city so immediately she went to our and let me know about the job opportunity (through a note) and told me to make the application letter fast, process the requirements, furnish copies and sent it at the office.

Wait, she still went back to our residence the next day. I didn't know why not until she handed my rough draft of a letter written in a piece of yellow pad (with a note again, telling me to encode and print the letter). I read it and, oh my God, it was a letter asking for an endorsement from the Presidential Action Center in Manila.

Why? Because she knew that the vacancy is a very good position, a national office (sky-is-the-limit benefits) thus attractive, and so the people will really find ways, find backers (who are politicians of course) in order to get the job and i don't have one. I don't have close relatives and influential connections in the local office who can pressure the person vested with a recommending or appointing power for the said position.

I'm not bragging but who would topple me if my application is attached with the a presidential endorsement? No other, i think.

My mentor already helped two job applicants get endorsement from the PAC and all went successful. I hope in my time, it would turn out to be like that, too. Maybe not. But i'm still praying for it and i am optimistic. It has only been a week since i sent the letter.

If "A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step," ma'am LD helped me launch the first step through her nth note.

I would thank many people from bottom of my heart, but to her my heart is BOTTOMLESS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!
congratulations sir!that calls for a celebration! hehe..