Thursday, June 14, 2007

My First Crush and our Billet-doux Writing History

If there would be few living homo sapiens in this dark world who surely had a great impact in my borrowed wonderful, colorful and beautiful life, one would be the girl who was my super-duper sumnambulistic crush back when we were still in Grade I. lol

My mother often made me remember what i told her when i got home one afternoon from school. She said that i was really persistent that the girl with the smooth fair cheeks, with pretty lips and a cute nose and nice straight hair was my crush and that i really insisted much more when she was telling me i just like her. "Yes nay, i like her, that means, she's my crush. ok? peace!" lol

Well, that girl i often call "'day" is artistic in nature, smart, can attract all honeybees with her sweetness and knows the best friendship strategies...well, except for one girl during elementary years. hehe i don't know what happened between them that time but i observed "'day" was really srewed with that white and tall lassie. I even witnessed and heard her backbite the "chinita" miss.

But, anyway, they're in good terms now. i don't think " 'day " would foster a warfreak personality get up. No. Not in trillion years.:)

Still, we were classmates reaching Grade IV and there started (as far as i can remember) one of the most phenomenal events that ever happened in my 20 years of living this life - EXCHANGING OF puppy, romantic, kept-to-the-limit LOVE LETTERS using a state of the art and priceless medium of delivery - her close friends, Vic-vic and later turned out to be Divine when we reached the last level in primary school.

" 'day " started this and there i learned i was also her crush. hahaha oh man!

I seemed really deeply, truly and madly (childishly) "in-love" reading her letters. It always made me wear big, wide smiles walking homebound. Only weird thing is, we didn't talk in person, we avoided each other. lol

Man! Funny those emotions of one elementary school cherub. lol

The top-secret personal events of my unintended innocence back then are still fresh as i recall the times when I was really excited to receive another letter from her and that i can respond again. While we got loads of assignments every night , my love letter writing delights always buzz in and that gave me all the urges to finish my response first before my homeworks. But honestly, i often ignored my assignments and just focus on the love letters. lol And hey, it wasn't that easy at all. I was at a loss of words with " 'day's " cool writing prowess and her choice of words and her conjugation of it (though in early age). Besides, indeed, i found it hard hiding myself in the room while i was writing my replies in a piece of note pad torn from my spring lecture notebook (i didn't have nicely textured fragrant paper pads for love letters that time.hehe)while i was doing my very best to keep it in wide book pages and be vigilant because if somebody would enter the room, i got to be alert to turn the pages of the book, covering what i was writing, and pretend i was reading. whew! i admit, i was sweating then. lol

These only ended when we were already in 1st or 2nd year high, i guess. It was my birthday and she gave me another letter (through a friend, still). This time, its not like the usual as a nice peace of paper oftenly folded they call "i love you" fold. It was wrapped, rectangular. I opened it at home and it was stunning, made me shake! lol It was the biggest love letter i have have ever received! It was the size of a Transcor Motors wall calendar. She wrote all her favorite songs and dedicated it to me. (romantic, isn't it? lol)

Bad thing, i never replied. I thought she was really questioning then. (sorry day...lol)

Later during high school i was thankful the puerile "avoiding game" ended and we enjoyed each other's company till high school grad - not as having a crush with each other but as friends. and she just became one of the best buds God gave. her influence, her friendship, her sweetness, her compassion, her love and her fear in God - all packed in one lovely lad. Thank God for her. Even though we were not in the same school in college. I can always recall the things she told me and the precious time we shared.

And the sad part of everything? she told me one day that her letters were stolen from her cabinet and all are gone. But i don't know if she already knew that her letters were also stolen from my cabinet too. Not with a homo sapien but with the darn termites! and all are gone.

Anyway, " 'day " (a nursing graduate at this time) and I just laugh over it everytime we talk about that billet-doux history.


6 comments:

eagerblogger said...

Ha ha... keep it up! There's a bright future for you! :)

Anonymous said...

stolen by termites wahaha... nice post and nice punchline at the end. ^_^ Can we see more of her pics? promise hindi ko aagawin haha

Lupus Fighter said...

bat kasi hindi mo na niligawan ng totohanan. di sana ngayon magasawa na kayo at may apat nang anak eheheh

SELAplana.

quincyjohn said...

thanks eagerblogger.

allen, just click on the title..a added a link to her friendster account. she's got a bunch of pictures there..
thanks for the comment btw.

leyteño, naiisip ko rin yun paminsan minsan.
i have to confess, i still l*** her.
but i think, it's just impossible.
ha3 nagiging hopeless romantic na naman ako dito..

KC said...

actually nabasa ko na yan kanina. di ako masyado maka-relate dahil wala akong kapalitan ng ganyan dati *lol*. swerte mo nga at na-experience mo yan dati.

pero affected ako dahil napahanap tuloy ako sa mga old letters ko from my classmates. masaya kasing basahin ulit..para kang nalulunod sa nostalgia...

quincyjohn said...

ganun ba kc? hehe
buti ka pa nga anjan pa letters mo.
sakin na-anay na.