Friday, July 11, 2008

Teaching or projects?

I realized I am enjoying working with private companies especially consulting firms. Many were asking why I don’t pursue teaching, to pursue what I have achieved in college. I answered them as always, “teaching will be my last resort in terms of career”. However, teaching will always be part of my every day living, everywhere I go.

Pero sayang ung mga pinag-aralan mo.”

I admit, somehow it is true. But apart from my course I also focused on the extra-curricular activities like the college publication, the student government, interpersonal and intrapersonal development groups, arts and culture clubs, English clubs and others. These endeavors imparted necessary knowledge and skills which I am utilizing nowadays. Meaning, my four-year stay in college didn’t go to waste. God had a purpose.

Ayaw mo ba ng mas stable na job?”

My life in projects is not stable. I know. But I suppose, it’s too early for me to be permanent in a firm. On the other hand, consultants are encouraging me to engage in NGOs and private entities while furthering my education and taking care of my name while I am still young.

What’s the point?

Well, there is a greater advantage since there are greater possibilities of getting into different projects. You may be indulged in mine site plannings, resettlement schemes, urban infrastructure development, educational improvement, poverty reduction and institutional enhancements, capacity building assistance and many others. It might be local or international. Thus, more travel, more learning, more fun and more more.

In addition, I might be a better teacher if I start with these endeavors, isn't it?

17 comments:

Ayel said...

Hi, Quinz! welcome back! Glad to know you're back. Learned it from TrizZz's blog.

Try teaching. You'll love it. :D

But of course, it's your own decision. I dunnot yet what really makes you happy.. :D

It's Ayel (http://ariellalisan.org)--since you don't allow the name and url option.. :D

quincyjohn said...

I'm sorry for that stupid setting. I modified it already.

Thanks Ayel. Actually, I've been visiting blogs at times while checking my emails. I just didn't have time to blog.

Thanks for encouraging me to come back anyway.

Yah, I also thought so.

I just wrote the post basically to gather other "teachers'" opinions on that choose-for-yourself issue.

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

do what your heart tells you. but you are enjoying what you are doing now so.. i guess.. dyan muna. :)

i missed visiting your blog. take care lagi.

-tina

ice said...

pqwede both?

triZzZ said...

hi, kuya! Wow, nice to know you're back! Sorry if it took me a while to visit your blog. (:

You have the same situation as my father. He's a consultant in different firms and relies on projects rather than a stable job. He's a student leader as well in ADDU that's why he's exposed to different things in school. He's actually enjoying the projects he's working on with.

You're so blessed with so many things. kuya.

Never doubt. Just follow whatever your heart dictates. (:

But I think teaching gives a great sense of fulfillment more than any jobs can give.

(:

Aethen said...

You are still young, Quinz! Am into this situation too but the rebel in me wants to experience and try what my heart is beating. anyhoo, life has too many to offer - you discern, you choose.

It is you who can answer this question.

Am sure that you are happy with your decision you made. (Yep. God had a purpose)

Live life with God.

ice9web said...

in my own opinion:
its much better to be with the a firm or company working while you are still young... then you can be a freelancer when you're much older meaning pag sawa kana (^_^)

quincyjohn said...

the thing why i posted this confusion is to gather suggestions and ideas.

i am and will be considering all your advises.

thank you so much for posting your comments.

Shaula said...

hi!ds s from charge it to experience blog. i just changed my url from http://shaula0pink.blogspot.com to http://wenubelib.blogspot.com, kindly changed d url in your blogroll.u're still in my link list..

Nicely said...

what makes you happy makes you a better person. that's all i can say.

Anonymous said...

hi quincy! dun ka pa din sa sinasabi mong project mo? tagal mo ng di nag-uupdate ah.

anyway, i moved na ulit.
http://ickaissimo.wordpress.com/

ingat parati.

ice9web said...

already change my blogroll :)

ice9web said...

i have updated my links here

http://ice9web.blogspot.com/2007/05/how.html

Anonymous said...

i'm kinda like similar with you. there's a certain pull of something in teaching, after all imparting knowledge is truly priceless and making an impact on your students is really something that one would treasure forever, that is kung you're apt for it you know.

i'm sure you'd do very well as one, i could see if from your writings.

thanks for dropping by.

NafaSg said...

Hello Quincy John!

Thanks for coming over to our site earlier on. Appreciate it!

Our advice to u? Follow your heart, and go for what interests u the most. Teaching is a very honorable profession. If u are really keen on it, then u should go for it. =)=)=)

quincyjohn said...

Hello Quincy John!

Thanks for coming over to our site earlier on. Appreciate it!

Our advice to u? Follow your heart, and go for what interests u the most. Teaching is a very honorable profession. If u are really keen on it, then u should go for it. =)=)=)



Posted by NafaSg to passing scenes at November 18, 2008 2:08 PM

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! your lolo noning surely enjoys your tidbits of escapade. This is the first time you flew out of the coop, so to speak and you surely learned the ways of the world outside your home.
Hey boy! I was expecting you sent me some materials for the Thoroughfare and i stumbled on this blog. I am wonderin if you want this passing scene to be a column in the paper. Pls reply ASAP. Help!