Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fixing up dents

A new pair of shoes made in L.A. from People are People
Global Brand Ben Chan new shirt
Elegant Urban travel bag, black with white vertical stripes, loved by everyone.
All of Bob Ong weird books

So far, these were what I bought as gifts for myself during the past months of working and supporting my family back home. -haha-

Well just thought of posting it because of the happiness it brings and its weird self-boosting effects to work harder.

By the way, I hate seeing the gap since my last post. Who would love that gap? It’s a couple of months now. Have I been too busy? I don’t think so. I apologize for those who were deceived that I was like busy as a bee. The truth is, totoy juan have been too lazy, not with work, but with writing my thoughts.

This post is an indicator that I’m ‘trying’ to fix dents up and bring back the zest of writing and blogging that has taken its back seat. Thanks to Aethen of aethen.com. Bro, your sending of wise and ‘pasaway’ text messages constantly reminded and reminds me of revving up ‘again’ this substantial hobby of blogging.

Thanks achiever! I haven’t tried the UNYT of Globe yet but thanks for inviting.

The Great God has been so good in my life for the past months. My job here in Manila gave me precious learning experiences packed with a cool new environment and cool new people to work and enjoy days with.

My time spent with the Mangyans in Mindoro in the previous weeks was a life-changing indulgence. Witnessing their ways of life in person, learning a little bit of the Alangan language, eating with them, observing their rituals made me better understand my roles in this pilgrimage and my responsibility over it.

I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to part of a program that would lead them to a better socioeconomic and spiritual situation.

11 comments:

Aethen said...

what you are doing if more fulfilling than what I am achieving. If there's an opportunity nga lng, I'll be doing the same work that you do.

Keep blogging, bro. that would keep you sane. :D

God bless always.

quincyjohn said...

thanks dude.

you are really making me feel good about myself. hehe

hinay hinay lang, baka lumaki ulo ko.

give me constructive violent comments if its necessary.

;)

may God remember you always mark.

Aethen said...

"what you are doing is more fulfilling" - sh!t, sabog ako. haha.

quincyjohn said...

naku! ayos lang yan pare..
gets naman eh.
mag shabu ka kasi! hahahaha
(minsan nga lang mag advice, bull&)*(& pa! hahahaha)
just kidding dude.

Anonymous said...

ey quincy. nice of you to be back. actually, i too am having problems keeping a regular blog posting sched. hinihintay ko lang na sipagin.. or pag sobrang down. keeping myself sane, ika nga. therapy lang talaga. :D

thanks for the 'keeping up the faith' comment. meant a lot. hope things are going well.

san ka sa manila? i was just there last week. now back in the province. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. Napadaan po dito. Sana daan ka rin sa blog ko. Nice blog you got here. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

hahaha. masubukan nga. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Di din naman ako yung gumawa nun sa site ko. Hihi. Thanks for visiting. Hope to see you again.

Makoy said...

hi there! I am inviting you to join my $200 blog contest that started last Feb 6. Aside from the $200 cash prize, I am giving away 108,000 EC credits, domain, hosting and a lot more. Visit www.makoyskie.com for more details. Thanks!

nicely said...

Hello, QuincyJohn! Remember me?

Tyler Restaurant Supply said...

This is so neat! Loved reading about this!