Friday, July 11, 2008

Thoughts after farewell

I’m a little MBUSSP-sick.

My stint with the project has ended but I’ve learned I should sustain my attachment with the whole team. Or shall I say, “I must!” Who knows? I’ll still be working with them on other projects later on.

Naturally, I miss the whole MBUSSP team, and also the LGU functors of the Mindanao Region. Working with them was a wonderful learning experience, a taxing challenge and a blessing in my early professional years.

But the other side of me gives me feelings of guilt – guilt of leaving one of my favorite consultants. On the approval of the supplemental budget for the last remaining months of the Mindanao-wide assistance, they offered me the official project assistant slot of Project Component C. But earlier than the offer, I already accepted the invitation of my previous leader, Tita Bing, for the Mindoro Nickel Project.

The guilt is part of the reality I must accept. I bet there will be more farewells. More to the fact, Tita Bing was the first consultant who hired me for my first ever professional engagement. She trained and molded me and paved the way to brighter opportunities. I would be so mean to reject the invitation.

I'm in Antipolo, Rizal right now and excited for a fresh endeavor and experience in Mindoro Island.

No comments: