Sunday, September 2, 2007

Textmate

The advent of text messaging here in the Philippines definitely had an enormous impact on my personal life.

I was really engrossed to text messaging and had several textmates in a row back in high school. Bad thing is, I didn't have my own phone that time and I was only borrowing from Nanay. Obviously, I was often scolded when she discovers i used more than 50 pesos of her load for petty conversations with anybody anonymous. That was really stupid!

Not until year 2000 when somebody introduced me to a girl who is from the Panay Island. Her personality reflected on the way she replies, on what messages she shares, on how she gives advices, on how she explains things in the Biblical perspective and how she gives reminders. Yes, through that I knew who she is. She's God-fearing. Smart. Diligent. Prayerful. Optimistic. Loving. Thoughtful. You name it!

She was worth every peso and every minute I spend with her through text until I already had my own phone. She has been there sharing her insights on life, love, optimism and Christ-centeredness. She taught me priceless lessons - though I am a year older than her. Gradually, she helped me unfold the realities in my life. She inspired me to pray even more stronger and more often and she encouraged me for several times whenever I'm down. She silently made me recognize my immaturity. We shared laughs, we shared sadness, we shared prayers.

Everything was through text.

But God was so wise to provide us a way to meet. And I was able to know her even better, meet her friends, meet her classmates, meet the church where she's part of and also meet her family.

As I reminisce, I can't imagine those times that I was able to attend my 'textmate's' graduation day in high school where she graduated Valedictorian of her class with other cool academic awards. I also attended her thanksgiving party Sunday after her grad day. I also attended her debut and all I can say was 'awesome'.

Imagine I was across a vast sea but still managed to attend few of the most important events in my 'textmate's' life. Do you think I'm in love? Yes, I am. But waiting must still be the game.

Now we are texting for nearly 6 years.

Turn off the 'textmateship'. We're good friends now and if you would ask me who among my friends who had a great impact on my life? She's one of them. (Here's another one.)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck with your lovelife.. =)

FNF said...

And I thought this only happened in the movies... (sigh) keep us updated! hahaha! just kidding, what you reveal of your private life is up to you but thanks for letting us in. :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm... ayan pala ung sinasabi mo quinx. good thing u blogged her than keeping it with urself. diba. ahihihi.. so sweet naman.

sana marami pang guys na tulad mo... ung nagbibigay importansya sa mga taong nagpapaligaya sa kanila.

Nice post quinx, keep on blogging! ;)

KC said...

wow! ayos ah 6 years...and thank god you guys had the opportunity to meet. cheers to that.

buti sa iyo matitino ang mga nakatext mo. ako yata puro manic na ang lakas gumastos sa load. ayos sana pero napapagastos din kasi ako eh. alam mo naman ako, kuripot. haha!

quincyjohn said...

@ allen: thanks po. i'm looking forward for a great one.

@ frances: movies?! ha3 well my life is also my personal movie i think.
I thought about it before posting mam frances. well anyway, didn't put the name and the exact address of the girl and besides I talked to her before publishing it. ;) just want to share an experience that created and still creates a big change in my life. ;)

@ jackie: ha3 siya nga yan. later if she'll permit me, i can post her pix.
I really appreciate her.
thanks for the compliment btw. I hope I can foster it.

@ kc: ha3 thanks for the toast.
actually, siya lang yung matinong ka text..yung ibang mga naging textmate ko. waaa! lang kwenta. hihi

Aethen said...

sweet naman. she was lucky to have you, pare! God bless you both. Love because of Love. :)

ice said...

addict sa txt?
hehehe..

yeah.. maraming nangyayari dahil sa pakikipagtext..

good and bad.

wee

quincyjohn said...

@ aethen: and I'm lucky much more to have her, pare. he2

@ gracy: noon yun gracy. ngayon siya na lang palagi ka text ko and then mga fellow researchers ko. he2

di na nga ako nagpapa unli eh.

Anonymous said...

wee~ at least quincy you've found a friend thru text. ^_^ pano na kaya kung di naimbento ang text noh? :P

quincyjohn said...

waa! cute fion, surely it would be impossible to meet that girl.

-sigh-

thank God na lang na imbento 'to.

Anonymous said...

talaga? uyy, ang galeng! meant to be? hmm...

enjoy the moment! =)

quincyjohn said...

ha3 no comment KC.

tnx tnx..m really enjoying the moment. hmmm

Anonymous said...

wowwwwww!
hahahaha!
ayus din ha .. sana mabasa nya toh sir quinx!

good luck sa paghihintay!
you'd get her "YES" in due time, i bet she's INTERESTED w/ you too! ^^,

quincyjohn said...

ha3 si chief ang kulit!

actually nabasa niya na to chief. and she sent me an SMS saying she's 'flattened'. he2

i told her this article is not enough to express how I thank God for her. ;)

ha3 well, im just waiting chief.

Anonymous said...

wow, ganda naman non .. kala ko naging kayo ..

sana mabasa nya to

Anonymous said...

sure u can ;) and i know u will :D

quincyjohn said...

@ishii: ha3 di po naging kami..m leaving it with the Lord...nabasa niya na to, ish...

thanks sa comment..

@jackie: heeh, thanks thanks jack..i can! ha3

Maria said...

hmm.. i smell love in here...

hehe.. 6 years grabe ha

nagmeet na ba ulit kau? i mean after her grad and debut?

...sweeeetnessessss...

quincyjohn said...

ha3 meron nga icka..umm somehow.

yup..everytime i go to iloilo, i let her know..

i join them in their youth activities in church sometimes..we also met in her school for several times when we there for a research..

;)

Maria said...

sniff sniff... oo nga amoy pag-ibig..

"pag-ibig na kaya..."

haha

*waving pom poms* hehe

anyway, now ko lang napansin from la carlota ka, hmm.. malayo na un sa bacolod? andun kc mga relatives ko eh

quincyjohn said...

its only an hour travel icks.

may dugong negrense ka rin pala. hehe

Maria said...

kabalo man ko ya magbisaya.. tama ba? haha

ah.. prng malapit lang pla, eh sa bago city? un lang kc napuntahan ko dun nung nandon ako

quincyjohn said...

tama nga yun..hehe

malapit na ko sa bago city icks..

saglit lang tong visit ko..hehe

nasa work ako..