Friday, September 7, 2007

God carries it also

It's the last day of being home.

I woke up around 8 in the morning this day and just before doing anything else, I prayed and checked my phone (I usually place it beside my bed.) if there's any message.

I got this:

"He is always to be found in the thickest part of the battle. The heaviest end of the cross lies ever on His shoulders. If He bids us to carry a burden, He carries it also. If there is anything that is gracious, generous and tender, so lavish and supernatural in love, you will always find it in Him." - C.H. Spurgeon

It's from 'textmate'.

Mulling over my trip to Davao tonight for a contractual job until December 15, the message became a pressure-relieving reminder that whatever odd I will be needing to surpass, He is there for me for guidance, protection and strength.

I say thanks so much to the one who sent it. I consider her life, per se, as an inspiration.

This will be the very first time that I'll be away from home for more than a month. I thank God for this opportunity for me to learn to stand alone and depend on myself.

The work. After the recently concluded fieldwork in Iloilo National High School (Thankfully the processing and interpretation of data is finally done.), God gave me another opportunity to be involved in a study to help our fellow-Filipinos in Mindanao. This is a Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction Project through the Asian Development Bank. Apparently, this focuses on alleviating the socioeconomic and psychosocial status of poor women market vendors in Mindanao. The output of this work will be the bases of formulating steps in order to uplift the status of the market vendors on the areas of concentration.

On the other hand, this is my chance to help my own family here in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental.

I express my utmost gratitude to my cousins, Pastor Paul and his wife Nang Nyl and also Tita Cora - Pastor Paul's mother - for fervently recommending me to obtain this work.

I now know the answer why God made me face vast challenges and odds during the 16 years of formal education from kindergarten to college.

Hiatus. I don't know if I can visit you guys as often as I was doing for the past days. For now, I don't know the system and process of the work. Hopefully, I can still have time to mingle with you.

May God take the wheel as I travel and may He fill me up with
wisdom to tackle the obstacles.

If He bids me to carry a burden, He carries it also.

11 comments:

Maria said...

hope you'll carry this verse along with you too
Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

hmm.. godbless on your work.

Shaula said...

hi quincy! it's good to know that the Lord clears the path for u. You know exactly what the Lord wants u to do. Hopefully, it will be the same to me... (soon )

GodBless to ur work!

daniel said...

tama ka icka! wee. inspiring :D

Anonymous said...

good luck, quincy. with God on your side, nothing is impossible.

Anonymous said...

keep on keeping that faith in you quinkx. ate jack's always here for you :D

we'll be waiting for your comeback dear. :D

Anonymous said...

hi quincy ~ alam kong kakayanin mo ang lahat ng pagsubok na iyong madaraanan. ^_^ God Bless~

Anonymous said...

wow.goodluck! i only know a couple of people who are dedicated to research. and i admire you for being one.not many people are that patient. =)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

eLay said...

i love this post... very inspiring... :)

quincyjohn said...

everyone! thank you so much for the wishes and for taking time to leave me some reminders.

so far m doing fine here in my job in Mindanao.

thanks again guys.

m hopeful that i could once again mingle with you people but my sked's just so tough.

see you soon!

take care of yourselves!

tina said...

hey quincy! nasa davao kaa??? enjoy your stay here!

triZzZ said...

wow. very inspiring. It made me realize i don't have the right to complain. Thanks to "textmate" for sending you a wonderful message and thank you kuya for posting it. Without God giving His sacrificial love to us, we are useless. We share pain with Him and to Him we shall return.